Sunday, June 17, 2012

Yard sale update

After expenses, the yard sale has netted to date $2,131.60 -- just over our $2,000 goal!

Yea!!! And, we fully expect to receive even more. There are a few folks who have IOUs out and we placed some of our finest items at the eyedia consignment store where we will get 50% on our sales. The lovely 5-piece office set went there, as well as one of the other tall bookcases, teak outdoor set, a king-size platform bed and 18 other smaller items. So, if you know of folks in the market for any of these things, let them know to shop us at eyedia. A few other children's items hopefully will be placed this week at another consignment store. The remaining unsold items were donated to charity. All clothing and usable household items were picked up by Kentucky Refugee Ministries on Monday. Decorative items, sports equipment etc. were toted to Goodwill in several trips on Sunday and Monday. I'm storing two boxes of Christmas decorations to be taken to LaCasita in December.

Please know how grateful I am to so many of you who donated things, emailed and Facebooked folks, hung signs, lured in shoppers, set up and priced items, bought things, carted things here, there and everywhere and .... countless other tasks. Your efforts added up to a successful event that will help to make CHPC's Guatemala Mission Trip possible. Putting on an event like this is a good, rather quick way to bring in money from sources beyond our congregation. I know some folks thought I needed therapy when I suggested we have another sale just a year after our last one. I'm glad, however, that we agreed to give it a try and I'm pleased with the outcome. I know that I had pushed some things that didn't please everyone. Some folks may have been upset about no early sales, some high prices, no markdowns on our big items, no splitting up of furniture groupings etc. If I offended anyone, I apologize. Bottomline, as coordinator for the sale, my motivation was simply to make as much money as possible for the mission trip and that's where I tried to keep my focus. I hope you understand. Some folks have already asked me if a CHPC yard sale is going to become an annual thing again. Don't know yet, but might be. Just in case, start filling those boxes and storing them at your place until then. :)offi

-Soni

No comments:

Post a Comment