Tuesday, September 22, 2009

He's back!


One of the newest bits of news Dennis Smith discussed with folks who asked questions Monday night was the news that Honduran President Zelaya - ousted in a coup this summer that some Guatemalans wished the Guatemalan military would emulate - had snuck back into the country and was holed up in the Brazilian embassy. Dennis Smith argued after his talk that in an ironic way he coup leaders needed Zelaya to return to give the November election some kind of legitimacy. Smith also said the U.S. government has been gently pushing the coup leaders, revocking their visas so the coup-installed president and Supreme Court justices cannot travel in the United States. The coup-installed Honduran government is demanding that Brazil turn over Zelaya, have imposed a 24-hour curfew, blocked access to the capital by road and air, and is said to have begun attacking pro-Zelaya activists who have stayed near the embassy. Supporters of democracy in Honduras have called on U.S. folks to contact your Congresspeople (Congressman Yarmouth at (202) 225-5401) to urge them to push the Obama Administration to discourage the Honduran military and police from using violence against activists and to reinstall Zelaya as president. Please also pray for the leaders and people of Honduran, that they might find a peaceful, but just resolution to this conflict.

P.S. The crackdown against Zelaya supporters has grown even more ruthless, and now I would call Congressman Yarmuth (202-225-5401) and Secretary Clinton (202-647-6575) and urge them to persuade the Administration to recall the U.S. ambassador to Honduras and cut U.S. mlitary ties to Honduras.

-- Perry

1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone, I am Mark Milley and I am so happy to return to this great forum to testify to the help I received from Williams David. I was in desperate need of a loan in another to be free of debt and financial slavery that had been entrusted to me by my ex-wife. It was really bad that I have to ask for help from friends, family and even my bank, but on one of them it could help me because my credit score was really bad. So I was browsing on my computer and saw some testimonials from people that David William helped with a loan, then I decided to contact him on his email {Personalloanesay@gmail.com}, so I got an email from them and I did everything He asked me. To my surprise, they transferred the loan I requested to my account and now I am so happy to cancel my debt and I have also started a business with the remaining amount to take care of me and my family. If you need a loan, contact the best loan lender of all time David Williams in his email: {Personalloanesay@gmail.com}

    ReplyDelete